Saturday, June 11, 2011

Almost Crawling?

I have adjusted to the mother life quite well. I didn't realize how many new tricks mothers have to learn just to keep a watchful eye on their baby! Well, I have recently discovered the perfect way to see Camilla while I take a shower. This never used to be a problem when she slept for hours and hours during the day, but since she's become more active, I've had to adjust. It's actually quite easy considering I have glass shower doors and my bedroom is literally a few feet away. I just let her play on her mat while I shower and it all works out wonderfully. So today I was taking my shower, as usual. Camilla rolled over, as usual. At this moment she was facing the south side of my room; yes, I know, nothing unusual. So I close my eyes for a while to rinse my hair, and Camilla is suddenly facing the north side of my room! Since I didn't witness the actual turn, I decided that my eyes were probably playing tricks on me. I didn't think much of it for the rest of the day, until Camilla did something similar again. I put her down for a few seconds while I adjusted the temperature in my bedroom and Camilla had moved in another direction again. The "facing a new direction" thing is nothing new. She always turns to face new directions, but usually it takes a minute or two. I suppose our little girl is becoming quicker which means we are probably close to a crawling baby. It's bitter sweet for a mother to watch her baby grow up so fast. Everyone warns me that time flies by, but I just can't seem to let that fact sink in. In addition to her constant movement, she is also sitting up on her own for about 15 seconds. Everyday is a new adventure with our sweet baby. Who knows what her next big milestone will be! Either way, God has blessed us tremendously. Camilla is a complete joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment